Yes, that's right folks! Bring on the ice cream because I'm going all out- Elf-style- and eating nothing but sugar to celebrate passing my diabetes test!
For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I got gestational diabetes when pregnant with Josie. This time around the doctor's are being really cautious and testing me way earlier and more often. My doctor predicted I would be diabetic as early as 13 weeks, so I had my test yesterday. (For those of you doing the math, I put it off for a week because I was trying to avoid it... I know, I know...) After the test I spent the whole afternoon miserable at the site of any lone potato chip or noodle and loathing the return of my depressing carb-less diabetic diet.
But great news came today when I learned I passed my test with flying colors! Now its nothing but cookies for another 3 months until I have to take it again. Here's hoping I can be diabetes free at least through Christmas!
Cleaning Out the Cupboards
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment