Today was Josie's 3rd birthday party!
Her birthday is not until Wednesday May 6, but we got lucky and celebrated today on one of the most beautiful days of the spring! Our friend Shamra, who has babysat for Josie for two years, came over to lead a "nature walk." Josie and two of her friends made binoculars, then walked from our house to the park to discover some nature!
Josie tries out her new specs and hoped to find squirels and goats... we got one out of two, but I think she was pleased.
Time for birthday cake-- don't get excited, I definitely outsourced this! Its not as nice as something Kimmy would make, but Josie loved it!
Delicious!
On the way home, Franny and Josie remembered the whole "finding nature" thing again and stopped to check out a giant ant colony. Gross! But I guess, whatever the birthday girl wants she can get... at least for today.
Josie's friends went home and we opened presents after things quieted down. She got some fun new toys, but her favorite was her new Cowgirl costume! She hasn't taken it off all day and even wanted to sleep in it tonight. Playing dress-up is so gold!
All in all a successful birthday!

2 comments:
What fun! Auntie Hokey and I will visit soon to scout out some cool bugs, too! I love the cake!!
OMG, looks like so much fun! Happy birfday, Josie!
Post a Comment