Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bargain Buster!

I am totally excited about an amazing stream of shopping luck I've had lately. Indulge me for a moment, will you?
So last week in a desperate attempt to shrug off winter and brighten up my life I went on a major shopping spree! (Okay, $100. Lets not get carried away, its still me we're talking about.) I went to the Gap and bought 4 shirts, some pants, a dress and a cute cropped jacket! For $100! I was gorgeous!
Fast forward one week. I have displayed my hotness with new clothes all week. Except I'm having second thoughts about the jacket. I went back to the Gap to think about returning it when low-and-behold, the price has been cut in half again. I hate that!
So I asked for the difference in price, and figured if they didn't give it to me I would just return it anyway. When I presented my receipt, they gave me the difference, no questions asked- 15 new dollars, yeah!
When I got home, I realized I had given them the wrong receipt and they'd given me the difference on the pair of pants I bought. (Long story about why I had two receipts.) So I went back again today with the other receipt with the jacket- and got even more money off not only the jacket but another shirt that had also gotten cheaper. Apparently Gap has a policy of honoring price changes up to two weeks from the date of purchase. Who knew? I ended up with $35 back today, making my original shopping spree last week, like, the cheapest ever!
So I am feeling not only hot, but very good about myself and my budget. Maybe I am a complete loser for nickle-and-diming them, but I now have money to get a pedicure and splurge on coffee many times this month. And that is hot!

3 comments:

Yasmin said...

Why no pics of Gmax in new clothes? Can someone say, "Fashion show"? In a suitably flamboyant voice?

REDGIRL said...

I am SO proud of you for this!

Kristin McKibbage said...

I LOVE to find ridiculous bargains! I have, just this week, discovered... (drumroll, please)... RUMMAGE SALES. My clothes-obsessed pre-teen wanted to go to the mall. I LOATHE THE MALL. I go into Abercrombie and sift through their "bargain" bin of last season's $30-dollar tank tops and want to murder someone. I have a serious problem with spending the same amount on one tiny article of clothing as I would on enough food to feed our household for a week. I can't do it. So I have taken to watching the online rummage sale postings in the 2 local papers, and by some miracle, hit this bizarre jackpot. We spent $100 this past week-end - that was the budget we allowed ourselves; not a penny more. And for that $100, Lauren got 3 GARBAGE BAGS full of brand name (Abercrombie, Aeropostale, Gap, Old Navy, Limited, Hollister, etc.) jeans, shorts, hoodies, t-shirts, tank tops, shoes, etc. etc. etc. PLUS I got 27 materinity items - dress pants, workout clothes, t-shirts, cute long-sleeve shirts, tanks tops, shorts, etc. etc. etc. PLUS we got a 2-foot high MOUNTAIN of brand-new-looking baby clothes!!! We got ALL of that for $100!!!!!!! We have also scored a full-size crib & mattress, 2 port-a-cribs (one for home & the office, since we work together & will bring baby to work every day...), 2 swings, 2 bouncy-seats, a high chair, a bath tub, a bassinet, and random other baby items... all for literally PENNIES compared to what we would have spent on new stuff. I cannot believe I never did this before now! I recommend CRAIG'S LIST to anyone reading this who wants to save ridiculous amounts of money. People sell clothes that are either like new or still have the tags on for so little I guarantee you'll never go to the mall again! :o)