Josie has been super sick for the last several days! She is finally now recovering from one of those random childhood illnesses that brings on a very high fever but no other symptoms (thank goodness). We woke up on Sunday at 8 am and she was still not up yet. When we went to check on her she was just laying there and barely could muster up the energy to say hello. Poor little stinker!
She laid around in her jammies for a few days and her fever got all the way to 105! We did some serious Barney watching and intense snuggling. She didn't want to eat or play (when she doesn't want to play with her farm, you know there's a problem). On Monday I was getting ready for work, but her sadness at seeing me leave was too much for me. I decided to stay home and play nurse one more day.
That night Josie couldn't fall asleep. I finally went in her room and took her out of her crib to rock her and snuggle her. This is something I hadn't done since she was a newborn.
Is it wrong that I secretly loved these few sick days? Of course I hated that she felt so terrible and wanted her to get better immediately. But I am always the one having to go to work and leave Russ to take care of Josie. I don't get that awesome I'm-really-taking-good-care-of-her Mom feeling often, especially now that she is getting so big. There was something so great about knowing that she really needed me. It was better than any power-suit-wearing-great-sale-kinda-day at work in the office. Sometimes its the simple days at home when you feel really good about who you are. And man, I needed that.
Cleaning Out the Cupboards
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment