Monday, April 21, 2008

Depressing Election

And no, this is not my foray into discussing the current Presidential election. This is my response to the vote on my latest music woes. The vote was totally split-- how will that help me with my coolness? Russ suggested I may have had a more decisive vote if I'd offered option D- 'don't even listen to Miley Cyrus when its on the radio. ' Interesting option.
The other thing I found depressing was my lack-luster number of votes. Is anybody reading this thing? Maybe I should stop writing here and dig up some spare change to call someone who cares.
In the mean time, I will at least amuse myself with another poll. In honor of Earth Day, this one is about coffee- or perhaps, my lack of coffee. Help me determine the most ethical route to take here. To summarize my feelings, I have chosen to express myself through prose:

Ode to Dunkin Donuts Coffee:

Why you gotta taste so yummy?
But serving coffee in styrofoam is just plain crummy
In a billion years, you'll fill landfill craters
And my great-great-grandchildren will be haters
If I want to please them and Al Gore
I am forced to buy your coffee no more
Yes, this is a terrible poem
But this is what I think about at home
As I sip bad tasting home made brew
And wish I had a cup of you

Love always,
Gmax

3 comments:

Jon Towey said...

gmax- interesting topic. i have been meaning to write about a related topic. how responsible are we as consumers to the policies and ethics of companies we give business too....interesting! peace out from disneyworld!

Kristin McKibbage said...

LOVE the poem. Just now getting myself into a more "communicative" mode. Finding myself with teeny bits of free time that I don't really know what to do with, so I'm directing it into reconnecting with family & friends. Love your blog... you've inspired me to keep my Facebook & MySpace pages updated every week for a month. THIS IS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR ME!!! (But I digress...) As for your ban on styrofoam, I agree that we need to do all we can, and furthermore, pass on those green habits to our kids. I know Lauren will grow up to be a recycler, because at our house & office we recycle everything from all paper & cardboard to glass & plastic, and I haven't thrown away an aluminum can since 1987. I'm weirdly proud of that. It's so ingrained that I CAN'T throw aluminum into a trash can. And I'm thought a weirdo by most people who see this, but who cares? We will only effect a change in the mindset of future generations if we teach by example. Right? Rock on. And as for the icky home-brewed coffee... I recommend Arco Norseman Grog. You'll think you've died and gone to Dunkin' Donut Heaven. xoxo

Enrique said...

I had Dunkin Donuts coffee this morning and it was delicious. I asked for extra styrofoam. Stop making yourself miserable, take your own cup and have them fill it.